Equal Opportunities Policy
Single Equalities Scheme
The single equalities scheme sets out the commitments we have made to embed equality and diversity into everything that we do enabling us to continue to meet the general duties of the Equality Act thus improving the lives of our tenants, customers and employees.
We can show how we are establishing the way we deliver our commitment to equality and diversity for all the protected characteristics highlighted in the Equality Act 2010 and by doing so ensure a streamlined consistent way to promote equality ensuring that the subtle differences of the protected characteristics are reflected.
Key objectives of the single equalities scheme:-
- Provide a safe and accessible working environment which respects the culture and identity of individuals
- Ensure a culture and working environment free from harassment and discrimination
- Provide an open environment where all employees have the opportunity to reach their full potential
Training and development
- All employees will have equitable access to training and development activities
- We aspire to a diverse workforce to reflect the diverse community that we serve, ensuring that we provide a quality service, responsive to the needs of our customers
- We will ensure that recruitment and selection procedures are conducted on an equitable basis so that all potential employees are recruited on the basis of merit and ability whilst being treated fairly.
- We will ensure disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria of a job they have applied for will be guaranteed an interview for that role.
The Trust has been accredited with the 'Positive about Disabled People' symbol which recognises our commitment to good practice in employing people who have a disability.