£9.41 per hour
18 hrs post
Various Shift Patterns/Driver Essential
Dawn, our care Manager at Barngate, is looking to recruit part-time Support Workers to work as part of our care team. Barngate is supported living property situated in Leek, we have 11 flats and offer a domiciliary service which is person centred care and support to male/female adults with learning disabilities who are 18 – 85.
Dawn and her team are proud of the care that they offer to our tenants and are now looking for an experienced Support Worker to join the team. Yes, your new job role will be challenging but very rewarding and we are certain that you will be proud of your achievements and learn and/or develop your skills as a carer in this established and supportive team.
As a Support Worker at Barngate you will work within a team to;
-To read, follow and implement individual care plans and risk assessments.
-To support the client group during the day
-To be able to work on your own and as part of a team
-To have good interpersonal and communication skills
-Where applicable, to carry out personal care such as;
- Assisting tenants with bathing, showering, toileting, and oral hygiene
- Escorting tenants in the community, accessing health appointments.
- To work flexibly on a rota basis to meet the needs of the service. This includes weekends, bank holidays
- To attend and participate in training as required by the organisation (during worktime hours).
In return for the above, Choices can offer:
-A full and comprehensive induction programme.
-A variety of shift patterns earlies and lates with the option of picking up floating shifts
-20 days annual leave plus public holidays in lieu
- A friendly, supportive and working environment
- Additional pay for overtime
- Access to study fully funded formal qualifications and courses in work time
- Access to the Choices’ Employee Discount Scheme.
For further information, please call 01782 346313.
The Wrekin Housing Group are actively encouraging all employees, in particular new employees into the Care and Support sector of our business to have received or be prepared to receive recommended vaccinations required for your role. The Wrekin Housing Group have a duty of care to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of not only our employees, but also to our residents and service users, giving peace of mind that we are promoting and encouraging our employees to take the necessary precautions by following Government advice and guidance and getting vaccinated.
This role requires that successful applicant to hold a Full UK Driving License and the use of a vehicle for business use.
This role requires an Enhanced DBS Check
Ref : CHO1500. Closing Date : 24/05/2021
- Interview Date : 31/05/2021