Equalities & Diversity Co-Ordinator
Salary: £36,404 per annum
Location: Homeworking / HQ
Hours: 36 hours per week for 12 months
We are at the forefront of making a difference to people’s lives. As a socially minded organisation, we provide 13,000 homes for affordable and social rent alongside care services across Telford & Wrekin, Shropshire, and Staffordshire. We have ambitious plans to grow up to 16,000 homes by 2025.
Alongside our growth plans we are embarking on a fundamental transformation programme to modernise how we support our staff, interact with our customers, engage with communities and build partnerships. Everyone matters at Wrekin so we are investing in our people and the systems they use, all to improve quality and choice across the organisation.
Our vision is clear and we are determined to deliver. We are looking for an outstanding individual to join us on this journey and who will drive our new Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, pushing forward delivery of our associated work programmes and action plans.
We are looking for an individual who inspires positive change, communicates clearly and will enable our people to support each other and grow together, right across the organisation.
(For further details please visit our website www.wrekin.com)
This is a new role within our Social Value and Inclusion team, working with colleagues across the organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the further development and implementation of our EDI work programme to ensure that equalities, diversity and inclusion are mainstreamed and embedded into the culture and DNA of The Wrekin Housing Group.
- Influencing the emerging EDI strategy, with a focus on data, insight and policies; customers, communities and partnerships; recruitment, retention, learning & development; and leadership & governance.
- Supporting and evolving the Wrekin Allies, a staff consultative and action focused forum, and its sub groups all of which champion equalities, diversity and inclusion.
- Working collaboratively with managers and teams to weave EDI through everything we do, ensuring our EDI work is responsive, vibrant, relevant and delivers successful outcomes.
- Identifying and developing positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners.
(Please see job description for further details)
What You Will Need
- A good standard of education, ideally at degree level
- Experience of working with staff and customer groups and with external partners.
- Experience of successfully using staff and customer data to help shape service design.
- Sound understanding and experience of delivering inclusion projects and initiatives.
- Understanding of equalities legislation.
- Experience of project management methods and approaches.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex information and communicate that information effectively to a range of audiences.
In return we offer you an interesting, challenging and rewarding opportunity to join a supportive organisation with over 1290 employees.
158 hours annual leave plus 79/86 hours for statutory holidays per annum, there is also a competitive pension scheme, health care options and free life assurance. Essential car user allowance.
For more information about the role, please contact Sam Hine on 07483 429280.
Closing date: 7th January 2022
Interview date: week commencing 17th January 2022
Reference Number: WHG1741
This role requires that successful applicant to hold a Full UK Driving License and the use of a vehicle for business use.
Ref : WHG1741. Closing Date : 23/01/2022
- Interview Date : 28/01/2022