C19 update - symptoms and shielding - Friday 10 July
Although we have been able to reintroduce most of our services, a number of restrictions remain in place and our offices and retail outlets remain closed to the public.
We are all reminded that restrictions still remain in place, the virus is declining in the local area but it is still present so you are all reminded to remain vigilant.
If you, or anyone in your household develops symptoms of COVID-19, it is very important that you request a test (online or by calling 111). You should also inform us if you or anyone in your household has symptoms when you are requesting a service, such as a repair, from us.
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
The rules around shielding have changed. Those shielding may now:
- Meet in a group of up to six people outdoors, including people from different households, while maintaining social distancing
- Interact with other members of your household without needing to socially distance.
- Form a ‘support bubble’ with one other household. All those in a support bubble will be able to spend time together inside each other’s homes, including overnight, without needing to socially distance.
Many people are still taking additional precautions and we should also be respectful of that in public spaces.
If you are in one of the clinically vulnerable groups and are unsure of the action you should take please contact your GP.
For more information about who has been advised to shield, visit the NHS Digital website.
Everyone is reminded that we are all still required to stay alert and:
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Limit contact with other people and keep your distance (2m apart)
- Wash our hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds
Please continue to check our website and social media channels for updates and further information. If you would like to receive information directly you can sign up for email updates at email@example.com
We will continue to update you on the latest government advice on COVID-19, but do check the gov.uk website in the first instance for the most up-to-date information
10th July 2020