Thinking of becoming a Wrekin tenant for the first time? Here's what you can expect.
From new builds to existing properties – we offer a range of properties here at Wrekin. We understand there isn’t a one size fits all approach, and different people have different needs.
Here are a a few things you can expect if you’re thinking about becoming a Wrekin tenant for the first time:
What can we offer to tenants as part of our offer process?
Every new Wrekin tenant receives:
- An appointment to view a property and identify any works required.
- A property that is clean, safe, secure and watertight.
- 30% off at Wrekin Reviive
The following might be available depending on your needs and the condition of the property you are being offered:
- Decorating - As a rule, we don’t offer full or partial decoration of our properties. If a property needs decorating, we usually offer decoration vouchers.
- Flooring/carpets - Unless they are in exceptional condition, we usually remove carpets left by the previous tenant. If you are going to struggle to afford and arrange flooring, please speak to your Housing Officer.
- Garden works - We will ensure your garden is clean and tidy before you move in, and make sure that the boundary of your property is marked.
- Major works (kitchen/bathroom) - If the kitchen or bathroom is due to be replaced in the near future, we may bring this forward.
- White goods & furniture – All of our homes are unfurnished, but we may be able to help with essential items.
- Removals - This may be available for existing Wrekin customers who are moving to another Wrekin home.
- Cooker re-connections - All of our cooker points are electric.
- Support with rent - When you sign up for your new home, we will ask for four weeks rent in advance. Our helpful Money Matters team are always on hand to help if you need some financial support.
If you require additional support or have any further queries about becoming a Wrekin tenant, please get in touch with your Housing Officer or call us on 01952 217100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.