C19 Update - Tier 2 - Services for Customers
The government recently introduced the Tier system of localised COVID-19 restrictions. Every area in England falls into one of three categories depending on the rate of local infections.
From Saturday 31 October, both Telford & Wrekin and Staffordshire will move to Tier 2 (High). We would like to reassure our customers that the services we provide will not be affected at this time. We are closely monitoring the situation and you, our customers, will be the first to know if there are going to be any changes to this.
The below video describes how we're continuing to provide services across all of our areas, even in those that are of a higher tier.
Tier 1 - remains subject to the basic national rules already in force, for example the rule of six and the closure of pubs, bars and restaurants at 10pm.
Tier 2 – As well as tier 1 restrictions you cannot meet socially with people that you don’t live with unless in a support bubble or to provide informal childcare. You can meet with friends and family outdoors in groups up to six.
Tier 3 – You cannot meet socially indoors and in certain outdoor locations with people you don’t live with unless they form your support bubble. You cannot meet in private or pub gardens but may meet at beaches or the countryside as long as the group is six or less. Pubs and bars must close unless serving meals with restrictions on alcohol (only with meals).
For information on the Tier system in your area please visit the gov.uk website.
If we need to visit your home
When we are on our way to complete your repair, to keep you and our staff safe we will:
- Wear a face covering
- Ask you if you are self-isolating, or have COVID-19 symptoms
- Ask you to leave the room where we are working
- Ask you to keep a social distance at all times
If someone at the property does have symptoms, please let us know before we enter.
Wrekin staff arriving at your home
When arriving at the property, all colleagues from across the Group, Maintenance and Repairs, Housing, Care and Support will:
- Sanitise their hands
- Put on their face covering
- Knock your door and step back to a safe social distance
- Ask if you or anyone else at the property are self-isolating, or have COVID-19 symptoms
- Ask you to leave the room where they are working
- and to keep a social distance at all times
We encourage you all to continue to stay alert and think about Hands, Face, Space. Doing this will help protect your family, your community and save lives:
- Hands – Wash your hands regularly with soap for at least 20 seconds
- Face – Wear a face covering in indoor settings
- Space – Stay 2m apart from others
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you, or anyone in your household develops symptoms of COVID-19, it is important that you request a test (online or by calling 119).
Please continue to check for updates and further information. If you would like to receive information directly you can sign up for email updates at email@example.com.
We will continue to update you on the latest government advice on COVID-19, but do check the gov.uk website in the first instance for the most up-to-date information.
30th October 2020