Gas Safety Week 2021
As its Gas Safety Week, we would like to share some tips on staying safe at home and remind our customers about annual gas safety check visits in your home.
What can I do to keep my home safe?
- Let us in to service your gas appliances every year. We’re happy to arrange your appointment at a convenient time
- Ensure your flue and any vents are always kept clear
Look out for:
- Yellow or orange flames. Gas flames should always be blue
- Plants and bushes outside that may block your flue
- Feeling tired, drowsy and generally unwell (headaches, chest or stomach pains) at home. These are symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning
Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas which has no taste, colour or smell. It can make you feel seriously ill and can kill quickly without warning. Please take time to read this carbon monoxide information sheet which contains useful information and has been produced for Gas Safety Week.
Gas Safety Check
At Wrekin we have a duty to ensure your gas appliances, gas pipework, flues and boilers are in a safe condition to use. To do this we carry out an annual gas safety check at your home and keep records of each check. We will be in touch to make an appointment when your gas safety check is due.
When we need to visit your home our teams are following the latest government advice on working in people’s homes. We will ask if you or anyone in your home is has symptoms of COVID-19. We will also ask you to keep to a social distance, this enables our trades to get on with their work in a safe environment while also keeping you safe.
In an emergency
If you smell gas, or if you have concerns about the safety of your appliances, you should call the gas emergency service provider on 0800 111 999, and switch off appliances until the gas emergency supplier, or our registered gas engineer, has attended and advised that the appliances are safe to use.
If you need to contact us at Wrekin to book or arrange a service please call 01952 217217.
14th September 2021