Stay safe and well during the hot weather
With temperatures high this week, health experts across the county are advising people to stay safe and well during the hot weather.
Shropshire Council’s Stay Safe and Well this Summer webpage offers a host of advice for people young and old, to help keep cool and hydrated throughout the hot weather.
The website also provides advice and information on home and personal safety, and signposts people to other summer-related advice including:
- Summer health – NHS advice on how to stay well throughout the summer months
- Heatwave advice – advice to ensure the hot weather doesn’t harm you or anyone you know
- Insect bites and stings – tips and advice on what do if you’re stung or bitten by an insect
- Skin care – advice on being ‘sun smart’ and help reduce the risk of skin cancer
- Leisure safety – information and advice on water safety, camping and fireworks.
To find out more about how you can stay safe through the hot weather and COVID-19 please click here.
21st July 2021