The Wrekin Housing Group is taking active steps in response to the Coronavirus outbreak.
Covid update – what to expect from Monday 19 July
Prime Minister Boris Johnson confirmed that England will move to the final stage of easing Covid restrictions on 19 July.
It means almost all legal restrictions on social contact will be removed, including social distancing rules.
Despite the announcement, the Government and their advisors were keen to stress that the pandemic isn’t over, and urged everyone to remain cautious.
What will change on 19 July?
- No limits on how many people can meet, but it's good to meet outdoors.
- 1m-plus rule no longer applies (except in some places like hospitals, or before passport control when entering the country)
- Face coverings are no longer mandated, but they are recommended
Events and gatherings
- Pubs and restaurants are no longer table-service only
- No limits on guests at weddings and funerals
- No limits on people attending concerts, theatres or sports events, and nightclubs can open
- No restrictions on communal worship
- Guidance recommending against travel to amber countries removed
- Adults fully vaccinated in the UK will no longer have to quarantine for 10 days after returning from amber-list countries
- Under-18s won't need to quarantine
- Limits on visitors to care homes will be removed
- On 16 August, most Covid restrictions in schools - including bubbles - will end, ahead of the autumn term.
- On 16 August, double-vaccinated adults may not need to self-isolate if they come into contact with someone who tests positive.
- It remains a legal requirement to self-isolate if you test positive for Coronavirus.
The news that restrictions are being eased will be welcomed by many of us. Here at Wrekin, we have carefully considered the Government’s announcement and agree that a cautious and measured approach is still the right thing to do – especially when it comes to protecting both our staff and customers.
In summary, from the 19 July
- We will continue to deliver our services in a COVID-secure way
- Our staff will continue to wear face coverings when entering your home
- Our area shops and head office will remain closed
We will continue to deliver our services in a COVID-secure way to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers, service users and staff. Before we visit your home, we will continue to ask if anyone in the home is self-isolating, shielding or has symptoms of COVID-19. This allows us to keep you and our staff safe.
Further information regarding the government’s lifting of restrictions can be found on the gov.uk website.
The following articles have now been archived:
- Update on our service - Monday 17 May 2021
- Update on our services - Friday 26 February 2021
- Update from Group Chief Executive Wayne Gethings - Monday 25 January 21
- C19 update: National Lockdown - repairs service update - 15 January 2021
- C19 update: New National Lockdown - services unaffected - 5 January 2021
- C19 update: New restrictions and Tier Changes - Wed 30 December
- Season's Greetingf from Wrekin - Tuesday 22 December
- C19 update: Wrekin services - Tuesday 1 December
- C19 update: New restrictions, services unaffected 4 November
- C19 update: Monday 2 November - New National Lockdown
- C19 update - Tier 2 - services for customers Friday 30 October
- C19 update - Three Tier System - Friday 16 October
- Update - local lockdowns and COVID-19 symptoms - Friay 21 August
- C19 update - area shops and face coverings - Friday 14 August
- C19 update - bogus callers and face coverings - Friday 7 August
- C19 update - delivering services and shielding - Friday 31 July
- C19 update - face coverings - Friday 24 July
- C19 update - face coverings, shielding and accessing your home - Friday 17 July
- C19 update - symptoms and sheilding - Friday 10 July
- C19 update - 100+ days of lockdown - Friday 3 July
- C19 update - staying the same for now - Friday 26 June
- C19 update - new government rules - Friday 19 June
- C19 update - keeping you updated - Friday 12 June
- C19 update - our move to more services - Friday 5 June
- C19 update - our move to more services - Friday 29 May 2020
- C19 update - reintroduction of services - Friday 22 May
- C19 update - bringing back services - Friday 15 May
- Service update - essential services continue - Tuesday 12 May
- Updated guidance on COVID-19 measures Monday 11 May
- C19 update Thursday 7 May
- C19 update and news - Friday 1 May
- C19 update - Friday 24 April
- C19 update - continuing to keep you safe - Friday 17 April
- C19 update - Essential services and visiting your home - Wednesday 15 April
- C19 update - your safety - Thursday 9 April
- Supporting your financial wellbeing - 8 April
- C19 Update – Thank you - Friday 3rd April
- C-19 Update - moving to essential services - Tuesday 24 March
- Friday 20 March - C-19 update
- Thursday 19 March - C-19 update
- Tuesday 17 March - C-19 update
- Friday 13 March 2020 - Coronavirus COVID-19
- 11 March 2020
Please go to the top of the page for most recent updates