The Wrekin Housing Group Tenants' Charter includes our 'Together with Tenants' Commitments and is a framework of six key components.
We will treat all tenants and residents with respect in all of their interactions. Our relationships with tenants and residents will be based on openness, honesty and transparency.
Local service standards that we work to:
1. We will treat you with fairness and respect.
2. We will publish our key operational policies and key performance on our website and update it on a quarterly basis.
3. We will aim to complete Subject Access Requests within one calendar month of an authorised request.
Tenants and residents will receive clear, accessible and timely information from us on the issues that matter to them, including important information about their homes and local community, how we are working to address problems, how we are run, and information about performance on key issues.
4. We will keep you informed about things that affect you in a variety of ways.
5. We will keep our Residents’ Agreement up to date, and regularly inform you of how you can get involved.
6. We will communicate with you in a way that’s easy to understandand meets your needs – for example:
- Large print or audio;
- Use a translation service on our website;
- Language Line for personal contact; or
- Any other method that is needed and reasonable.
Voice and Influence
Views from tenants and residents will be sought and valued, and this information will be used to inform decisions. Every individual tenant and resident will feel listened to by us on the issues that matter to them and can speak without fear.
7. We will listen to what you tell us, and improve our services by learning from complaints and other feedback, and inform you what has changed as a result.
8. We will ask you if you are happy with the overall standard of service we provide and publish satisfaction levels.
9. We will involve customer representatives in the specification,selection of contractors and monitoring of contracts relating to:
- Services provided to blocks of flats, communal areas or Retirement Living/ShireLiving schemes including communal cleaning and grounds maintenance; and
- Contracts for improvements to individual homes, such as new kitchens/bathrooms.
10. We will make it as easy as possible for you to become involved and have your voice heard, individually and collectively through an agreed menu of involvement.
Collectively, tenants and residents will work in partnership with us to independently scrutinise and hold us to account for the decisions that affect their homes and services and the quality of the homes and services we provide.
11. We will give you the appropriate level of support, mentoring and training you need, if you wish to be involved in the work of The Wrekin Housing Group.
12. We will agree and maintain our Customer Engagement Framework which culminates in direct representation by customers to the Board. These customers hold The Wrekin Housing Group to account.
Tenants and residents can expect their homes to be good quality, well maintained, safe and well managed.
13. We will let our homes in a sustainable way, to applicants who are ready to move and hold a tenancy.
14. We will develop a set of service standards for core operational services and we will comply with these service standards.
15. We will improve homes to a higher level than that set out in the government’s Decent Homes Standard or an equivalent standard.
16. We will aim to complete repairs on the same day they are reported or by any other agreed appointment, unless we agree that the repair needed is an emergency situation and we will attend this within two hours.
17. We will aim to get repairs right first time and use your views on whether we achieve this to measure and report on performance.
18. We will provide a customer led re-let process, which includes an accompanied viewing, based on an agreed re-let standard and allows customers to influence the additional works to be carried out to the home.
19. We will carry out periodic inspections at agreed intervals of communal parts of our properties to make sure that they are hazard free, healthy and safe areas, acting on any findings where possible on the same day.
20. We will fund a Community Support Officer in partnership with the Telford and Wrekin Council Community Safety team, who will be designated to work on The Wrekin Housing Group’s estates in Telford.
21. We will provide a mediation service, free to The Wrekin Housing Group tenants and residents for anti-social behaviour or neighbour disputes.
22. We will second a member of staff to the Telford Community Safety Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) team as a partnership approach to tackling ASB in our neighbourhoods.
When things go wrong
Tenants and residents will have simple and accessible routes for raising issues, making complaints and seeking redress. Tenants and residents will receive timely advice and support when things go wrong.
23. We will provide a complaints service that deals with complaints fairly and is focused on finding a resolution, aiming to give a full response within five working days or keeping you informed if we can’t.
24. We will provide an out of hours emergency service for both repairs and housing related emergencies.
25. We will make it as easy as possible for you to access our services:
- In person, through a range of local offices or personal visits to your home.
- By telephone, through our contact centre between 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week or an out of hours emergency call line; and
- Digitally, through an interactive website and an app that you can use on your mobile phone.
26. If you miss any payments we will let you know quickly, to prevent you from getting into more debt. We will then work with you to agree an affordable payment plan.
27. We will offer a free money advice service to help manage household bills or debts and access benefits.
28. We will identify those who are vulnerable and offer them on-going support either through our Tenancy Support team or other agencies.
View our performance indicators page.