- 19 years and over.
- Unemployed (cannot be in part time work or on a zero hours contract).
- Economically Inactive (including those not working who are claiming benefits).
- Have complex needs/multiple barriers which are impacting on being able to enter paid employment.
What We Offer:
Our team identifies and addresses some of the barriers to work that people are facing locally, helping people to engage in activity and move forwards into employment. We are unique in that we have different teams offering housing advice, support in welfare benefits, housing support, managing finances and sustaining tenancies. This includes accessing funds to pay for travel to job interviews, volunteering placements and some training venues. This project will run until the 31st March 2022. Within the BBO Shropshire project we can help participants with any of the following:
- Volunteering oportunities
- Boosting confidence and motivation
- Over the phone and online one-to-one mentoring
- Information, advice and guidance
- CV and application form support
- Job search support
- Help with basic IT and access to online training
- Interview preparation.
What our participants say:
“I feel more confident now applying for courses, thanks for your help.”
“Genuinely brilliant! I wouldn’t be back in work if it wasn’t for them.”
“I am so much more confident now; I really want to look at starting my own business.”
“BBO is a brilliant way to help people; I found other avenues to achieve my goals.”
How can I find out more?
You can find out more about BBO here.
If you think you are eligible for the BBO Shropshire project then get in touch with one of our BBO Engagement Officers:
Liz Watling - 07816 510257 Mark Wakeman: 07483 918235 Mark Edwards: 07816 510370
or email email@example.com