Making a Difference
to people's lives

Benefit and Money Matters Advisors

As a valued Group tenant, if you ever experience problems with your money or benefits, you can contact our specialist benefit advice team.

We understand that benefits can be complex and you might not be aware of the wide range of benefits you may be entitled to.

Our specialist Welfare Benefit advice team provides information and advice to our tenants on the whole range of welfare entitlements, including Housing Benefit, Universal Credit, Tax Credits, Council Tax Support, Income Support or PIP.

To contact a Welfare Benefit Advisor, please telephone 01952 217234, email, or speak to your Housing Executive.

Our Tenancy Sustainment Officers offer tailored advice and guidance to our customers to help them prepare for and sustain their Wrekin tenancy.

The service offers a range of practical help and advice, including:

  • Budgeting and money management support
  • Access to essential furniture to help make your house a home
  • Help to set up and manage your utility bills
  • Signposting to employment and training support
  • Help in a crisis, such as food banks or emergency gas and electric

To contact a Tenancy Sustainment Officer, please call 01952 217283 or speak to your Housing Executive.

Our team work closely with other agencies, so even if you are claiming the money you are entitled to, they may be able to help you to access other types of help – including debt advice, energy efficiency advice and tenancy support.

What else can they do? There are other ways we can help if you are struggling with your money, from help to apply for money from Group funds, to Discretionary Housing Payments from the local council and accessing low cost loans from your local Credit Union.

Most importantly…Please don't bury your head in the sand if you are having money problems, speak to our team to see if we can help.