Why work for Wrekin?
You might think of Wrekin as ‘just’ a housing and care provider, but we’re so much more than that. We’re all about making a difference in people’s lives, whether that’s by building good quality, affordable housing, providing the highest standard of care and support, or helping our customers boost their income and secure job opportunities. Only the best people can help us continue to do this.
We are passionate about being inclusive and are recognised as a disability confident employer. We are really proud of the positive outcomes we achieve for our customers on a daily basis – which is all down to the hard work and effort of our staff.
We can promise you a positive working environment, flexibility and the tools and training you need to thrive. We think you’ll like it here.
We are committed to promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI). We recognise and understand differences, promotiing inclusive practice and ensure that every individual has an opportunity to make the most of their lives and talents.
At Wrekin we believe:
- In a fair future for everyone.
- In providing safe communities where difference and diversity is respected, valued and celebrated.
- Everyone has the right to live and work without fear and prejudice.
We achieve this by:
- Developing knowledge and awareness of our staff
- Reviewing and revising our recruitment processes and policies
- Embedding equality, diversity and inclusion messaging across all communications, internally and externally
- Increasing opportunities for working across our communities and building partnerships
- Capturing, measuring and monitoring progress
- Supporting and encouraging staff groups such as the Wrekin Allies, Proud to be Me, Disability Positive.
We want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the communities where we serve our customers and we’re committed to being a truly inclusive employer, a place where people thrive and your voice is always heard.
We are also a Cornerstone Employer - meaning we will work together with our partners and the wider business community to ensure all young people have the opportunities they need to be prepared and inspired for the world of work.
Benefits of working for Wrekin
|Flexible working options including part-time and job-sharing possibilities|
|A wealth of health and wellbeing support for you and your family|
|Two paid volunteer days a year|
|Comprehensive training opportunities|
|Free tea and coffee available|
|22 days annual leave, with additional days for length of service|